The John Fisher School was founded in 1929 by The Most Reverend Peter Amigo, Archbishop-Bishop of Southwark. The School moved in 1930 to Peaks Hill, Purley, and until 1977 it was a fee-paying boys Grammar School. In that year the School became a Voluntary-Aided comprehensive school maintained by the London Borough of Sutton. From 1992-1999 the School was Grant Maintained following which it reverted to Voluntary-Aided status. In 1998 the School expanded to six forms of entry admitting 150 boys each year, and in recent years the Governors have further increased the number of boys admitted into Year 7 to 159 pupils.
Since 2003 the School has been designated a Specialist Sports College as part of the Specialist Schools & Academies Trust. At present there are approximately 1030 students on roll, 250 of whom are Sixth Formers. In recent years the School has developed close links with other local schools, particularly St Philomena’s Catholic High School for Girls, in offering a range of courses at Sixth Form level.
The link and contact details are The John Fisher School
The John Fisher School
Telephone: 020 8660 4555
E-mail : email@example.com