If you are interested in working with young people in our Parish, a meeting will be held on. For refreshment purposes, please confirm attendance via the parish e-mail/phone or clergy. Thank you.
Sun 12th Jun @ 1.45pm in the Parish Prayer Room
The qualities we are looking for in adult volunteers:
- An active Catholic in good standing with the Church with no impediment to full Communion
- Reasonably knowledgeable and believes and supports the teaching of the Catholic Church
- Comfortable relating to young people, genuinely likes and respects teens
- and understands their developmental levels
- Able to make a commitment and follow through
- Willing to serve and put others first
- Able to listen and be available to teens
- Is enthusiastic
- Has a sense of humour (it helps!)
- Is trustworthy, must be of good character, reputation, background and record
- Is prayerful
- Maintains appropriate professional boundaries with young people
- Continues their lifelong formation of the Catholic Faith.
Anyone who wishes to work with young people in our Parish must complete all necessary applications forms, provide references and attend Safeguarding courses as well as have a parish-role based DBS check. Ongoing leadership course(s) will be made available regularly throughout the year.